Survey CAD Technician (000756)
Location: Seattle Tacoma International Airport
Organization: Survey and Mapping Services
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: 33.58
Midpoint Salary: 41.98
Some of what you'll be doing:
In this role, you will provide and create drawings and shape files for use in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Global Information Systems (GIS) and data bases using electronic survey field files and sketches to supports civil engineers, construction management, consultants, and other disciplines.
• You will create complex and detailed topographic, bathymetric, and utility drawings from survey raw data, engineering data and other agencies data files in accordance with Port of Seattle's standards and procedures.
• You will translate data coordinates between Sea-Tac International Airport (STIA) to State plane coordinates system.
• You will provide spatial data for construction staking and feature locations to surveyors and engineers, assist Jet lines (J-lines) gate allocations and relocations projects to meet airline’s needs, and create alignments and cross sections, road and drainage profiles.
• You will produce CAD files and Portable Document Format (PDF) files of topography and utility cut-outs from Master Record Drawing (MRD) for consultant’s and contractor’s project as requested.
• You will create as-built drawings upon completion of a project reflecting all changes made during the construction process.
• You will support Geographic Information System (GIS) with base maps and data bases and assist other divisions with Computer Aided Design (CAD) base maps.
• You will create terrain networks for topographical maps, seaport sounding maps, 3D surface analysis, and generate topographic features and 3D models from 3D laser scanning point clouds.
• You will maintain Emergency Master Utility Grid Map on local website and flat files.
• You will produce exhibit maps, aerial maps, volume quantities, building square footage and acreage as requested by Port of Seattle Administrator or other departments.
• You will interpret and create legal descriptions and exhibits.
• You will prepare record of surveys for Port owned properties.
• You will take 360° Photos and create 360° Virtual Photo Tours for Port Projects.
Who you are:
Two years of experience may be substituted for one year of education:
• Experienced – You have six (6) years of CAD experience using Autodesk, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and survey field files.
• Educated – You possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Desired – We hope you have two (2) years of technical training on AutoCAD Civil 3D and CAD drafting and eight (8) years of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D and GIS experience with some survey field experience.
• Technologically Skilled – You are very knowledgeable in the latest version of Autodesk software and able to create surfaces, corridors, and pipe network creation in AutoCAD Civil 3D. You are familiar with surveying work in topography, 3D scanning, bathymetry, construction staking, as built surveys, jet line surveys, legal description and exhibits for property surveys, easements, leases, and able to take 360° photos.
• Organized – You are aware and skilled in preparing documents that meet the drafting standards of the organization and storing/organizing your work in a way that allows for historical review.
• Knowledgeable – You are trained in engineering and surveying concepts and terminology and skilled in performing topography, 3D laser scanning, bathymetry, construction staking, and as built surveys drafting.
• Strong Communicator – You are able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing as well work with others effectively to produce clear, timely, and accurate information.
What else you need to know:
• Driver’s License – You will need a valid Washington State Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain one, is required in order to travel locally to project sites.
• Work Schedule – Your normal work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (40 hours per week). Slightly more flexible start and end times are available in this role. You may be required to work any and all assigned shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Work Environment – You will primarily work in an office environment.
• Washington State Residency Requirement – Employees must establish a residence in Washington state within 30 days of their first day of employment and must maintain a residence in Washington State during their employment with the Port of Seattle. If a position is eligible to telework, work performed while teleworking must be performed in Washington State.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement – Effective, November 15, 2021, the Port of Seattle will require that at the time of hire, and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be able to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status, as part of the hiring process. This is a condition of employment for all positions at the Port of Seattle. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Prior to employment, candidates may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
• Overtime Eligible – You are eligible for overtime pay in this role.
• Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background check as well as a criminal history background check with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Your employment will be contingent upon obtaining a Port of Seattle ID badge upon clearance.
• Security Requirements – You will also be required to obtain a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Customs Seal within 30 days of hire.
• Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within the first three months of employment.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email email@example.com so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1