Survey Party Chief
Skillings, Inc is a civil and environmental engineering and surveying firm headquartered in Lacey, WA for over 36 years. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and we work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions. We hire people who are creative, highly skilled, and who approach each job with integrity and in the best interest of the client. Skillings Lacey office works with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide civil engineering design and surveying for site and roadway improvements.
Skillings provides opportunity for professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of projects and several projects at once. It’s a fast paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers and in-house surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. Our survey teams work directly with clients on a wide range of projects and are often viewed as the face of the company. This position provides opportunities to work in many unique and challenging environments. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our staff.
Skillings is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidate must be able to perform field duties in a party chief capacity. The candidate should have knowledge in the maintenance of field equipment, setup, operations, and proper field procedures to ensure efficient and accurate field data collection, and add value to a cohesive survey team.
• 2 years Minimum Party Chief experience
• High School Diploma / GED
• Valid Driver’s License, and safe driving record
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Flexibility to travel a must
• Highly motivated
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to lead a crew or work alone with the appropriate field equipment
• Ability to complete field projects the first time without unnecessary return trips
• Ability to work effectively and maintain a good attitude with our field and office team
• Ability to perform basic office function downloading and processing field data
• Provide efficient, accurate, and complete survey field work
• Take field notes including depiction sketches
• Ability to maintain quality field procedures
• Provide field calculations and construction staking
• Provide equipment calibration and maintenance
• Ability to train/mentor field technicians to effectively and efficiently accomplish the responsibilities described above
• Ability to operate Topcon total station and Trimble GPS.
• Civil 3d experience a plus but not required.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
• Flexible 4/10 and 9/80 work schedule
• Work Vehicle
Please send a resume including three professional references and a letter of interest detailing how your qualifications meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skillings has always held their survey department at the utmost importance. We feel the support we get from having an inhouse survey department makes us valuable to our clients. Skillings provides experiences that create a lasting positive impact on our People, Clients, and Community. We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving employees the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professional and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees’ and Skillings’ success. We provide a competitive wage and encourage advancement within the company.
Rynea Edwards, PLS
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email email@example.com so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1