Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Vancouver, WADepartment: Land Surveying
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
MacKay Sposito is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join our survey team in Vancouver, Washington. You will have an opportunity to work with our multi-disciplined team of engineers, land surveyors, land use planners, landscape architects and environmental permitting specialists on a wide range of projects serving the energy, land development and public works market sectors. This position will involve working on a dynamic range of projects, directing the work of field and office technical staff and ensuring the adherence of professional survey quality assurance, and control processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
• Produce Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, Short Plats, Subdivision Plats and Record of Survey drawings.
• Perform construction staking calculations, communicate with contractors and perform daily QA/QC on staking work.
• Write descriptions of property boundaries for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
• Research and develop work plans for survey projects.
• Coordinate with survey crews to perform project goals.
• Maintain current knowledge of local, state, case and federal laws as they pertain to survey projects.
• Manage survey projects, monitor project budgets and review invoices and billing charges related to survey projects.
• Provide scope and fee proposals for surveying services.
• Must be a Professional Licensed Surveyor with a license in Washington and/or Oregon (prefered).
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in both field and office land surveying
• Experience with transmission line corridor surveys preferred.
• Proficiency with Civil 3D required.
• Experience with Trimble Business Center required.
• Experience with MicroStation preferred.
• Demonstrated project management skills including project scoping, estimating fees, progress reporting and invoicing.
• Experience performing boundary resolutions, topographic surveys, ALTA Surveys, subdivision plats, construction staking calculations, and preparation of legal descriptions.
• Experience supervising and managing field crews.
• Strong communication skills and capable of mentoring and training other technical staff.
• Must be a highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail.
• Current valid driver’s license and ability to be insured to drive company vehicles is required.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
At MacKay Sposito, we’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a unique and diverse mix of employees who enjoy each other’s company. In addition to having first-rate technical skills, we search out people who are friendly, honest and dedicated to their work.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:
Providing consultation services to energy, public works and land development clients, MacKay Sposito’s expertise spans civil engineering, construction management and inspection, land survey, planning and project management, and landscape architecture for both public and private sector.
Whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities, MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment requires passing pre-employment background check and drug screening. As a federal Contractor we also utilize E-Verify.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email email@example.com so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1