To apply for this position, please email resume to email@example.com
Gibbs & Olson is hiring a Land Surveyor to join our team in Longview, Washington. Ideally, the candidate will be self-motivated and have strong team and communication skills.
The primary function of this full-time position is to assist the Survey Department Manager in performing a broad range of in-office land surveying activities including, but not limited to:
• Assisting with and developing scopes, schedules, and budgets for new projects.
• Performing parcel, historical survey, and title research.
• Preparing legal descriptions.
• Preparing mapping and calculations for survey control, cadastral/ boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, bathymetric surveys, and computations for construction staking.
Required Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ten (10) years of experience in the field of land surveying is required, with knowledge and experience in operating data collectors with GPS survey equipment, robotic total station equipment and combination of scanning/robotic total station equipment.
• Washington State Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license, or ability to obtain license within one year.
Preferred Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Experience with Topcon GPS, robotic total station and combination scanning/total robotic station equipment and software.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current Topcon’s MAGNET Field and MAGNET Collage.
• Experience with Washington State, Oregon State, and local survey regulations and standards.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements include, but are not limited to:
• The ability to understand and meet jurisdictional survey regulations and standards.
• Experience with control, cadastral/boundary, ALTA, topographic and bathymetric surveys, and construction staking.
• Demonstrable knowledge of survey concepts, practices, and procedures.
• General knowledge of standard construction principles.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical functions as needed to perform engineering and surveying calculations including slope staking, elevations, and other survey computations.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, plan sketches, specifications, schedules, and shop drawings.
• Demonstrable knowledge of global positioning system (GPS)/Real Time Kinetic (RTK) survey methods.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current Windows-based data collection software.
• Strong computer skills including using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Bluebeam, as well as the Microsoft Office Software.
Depending on qualifications
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Health Saving Account
• Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
About Gibbs & Olson:
Founded in 1950, Gibbs & Olson is a civil engineering and surveying firm serving public and private clients throughout Washington and Oregon. An award-winning firm, we provide services for site design, stormwater, sewer, water, and transportation projects. For more information about Gibbs & Olson, please visit our website www.gibbs-olson.com.
Gibbs & Olson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1