Field Survey Technician
Skillings, Inc is a civil and environmental engineering and surveying firm headquartered in Lacey, WA for over 36 years. We hire people who are highly skilled, and who approach each job with accuracy and integrity and in the best interest of the client. Skillings Lacey office works with in house engineers and the environmental department along with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide civil engineering design and surveying for site and roadway improvements.
Skillings provides opportunity for employee’s professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of diverse projects and several projects at once. Our survey department is a fast paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers, environmental department and in-house surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our survey staff.
Skillings is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidate must be able to work in a field environment and be willing to take direction from the Survey Crew Chief. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Land Surveying but not necessary. The candidate will be trained with the proper field procedures to use a variety of survey instruments to preform control surveys, topographic surveys, and boundary surveys. They will also be trained to use scan data instruments for engineering design. This is an opportunity for someone to join the Land Surveying Profession.
• High School Diploma / GED
• Valid Driver’s License, and safe driving record
• Assis the Survey Crew Chief field procedures
• Assist with adjustments and calibration of Survey equipment
• Ability to take accurate and legible field notes
• Ability to stand for long periods of time in a field environment
• Ability to carry loads of up to 50 pounds on uneven ground
• Flexibility to travel
• Motivated and growth orientated person
• Communicate with staff
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Work effectively and maintain a good attitude with our field and office team
• Basic office functions, downloading and processing field data
• Ability to take field notes including depiction sketches
• Maintain quality field procedures
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
• Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
• depending on qualifications
Please send a resume including three professional references and a letter of interest detailing how your qualifications meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities to: email@example.com
Skillings has always held their survey department at the utmost importance. We feel the support we get from having an inhouse survey department makes us valuable to our clients. With the need for more people in the survey profession, we provide a learning environment for our survey personnel to advance in their professional goals. We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving employees the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professional and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees’ and Skillings’ success. We provide a competitive wage and encourage advancement within the company.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1