Salary: $64,147.20 - $90,625.60 Annually
Job Type: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Location: Port Orchard, Washington
Department: Public Works
Performs office professional land surveying activities requiring the application of surveying principles and practices for Public Works road, bridge, and capital projects. Duties involve professional and technical complex work in preparing and reviewing surveys, plats, section subdivisions, right of way plans, and property descriptions for parcel boundaries, right of ways, road vacations, easements, annexations, and other county related projects. Additional duties include geo-processing and analysis functions, geodatabase development, data maintenance, map compilation, design in support of operations and projects which utilize the Kitsap County GIS system. Experience using any of the following is required: GIS software, Autodesk CAD software and/or Carlson software.
Required Education and Experience
- Registered as an Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) or Registered as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS); OR
- Bachelor's Degree in land surveying, civil engineering or related field; OR
- Equivalent four years related surveying experience working under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Land Surveyor (PLS).
- Note: Qualifications for this position must be met; no other equivalencies accepted.
Kitsap County requires verification of education, certification and/or experience. The following is a breakdown of the verification requirement:
- Certification: A copy of the Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT); or a copy of the Professional Land Surveyor License (PLS); or
- Education: Official transcripts from an ABET Accredited School of Engineering' or
- Experience: Complete a verification form and submit it offered the position and prior to placement. The form includes verification of the work performed under the direct supervision of the Professional Land Surveyor, signature and stamp/seal or a copy of their current license; or
- Combination of Education and Experience: Official Transcripts from an ABET Accredited School of Engineering and complete a verification form.
- Additional education, licenses, certifications and other requirements determined to be necessary to meet the business needs of the employing unit may be required.
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kitsap