Olson Engineering, Inc. has specialized in land surveying, civil engineering, landscape architectural, and land use planning services in Washington and Oregon since 1968. We continue to rank as one of the top firms in the area and pride ourselves on strong community ties and exceptional results.
Our single office in Vancouver, Washington is currently looking for experienced full-time field surveyors. The position will involve working under the direct supervision of a professional land surveyor and assisting survey project managers while working on a dynamic range of projects including boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, construction staking, Port, railroad and gas pipelines.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Ability to pass a federal background check and random D.O.T. drug and alcohol screening test.
• Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Represent the company as in a professional manner.
• Perform basic survey calculations and plan checks.
• Attend field meetings with clients and contractors.
• Work both independently and as a member of our team.
• Collect accurate field data using Trimble total stations, levels and GPS.
• Maintains survey equipment, vehicles and crew safety.
• Create neat, accurate field notes and reports.
• Manage or work as a member of field crew personnel.
• Ability to work long hours and overtime as well as periodic out of town work.
• Demonstrate quality control and have a good understanding of field survey procedures and measurements.
• Read and analyze surveys, plats and construction plans.
• Learn and study the profession of land surveying.
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 50lbs for extended distances. Work on uneven surfaces and on steep terrain in all types of weather conditions.
• Ability to stand for long durations.
• Perform manual labor such as use of hand and power tools, chain saws and brush clearing.
The ideal candidate:
• Experience working as part of a survey crew.
• Working knowledge of Trimble Survey equipment. (3D laser scanning experience is a plus).
• Work in a professional environment as a member of a team.
• Be motivated and have a strong work ethic.
• Have good technical knowledge of the surveying profession.
• Ability to problem solve and meet project deadlines.
• Have good written and oral communication skills.
• Interested in career advancement opportunities.
• Competitive pay
• Per diem for out of town work (when required).
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• Paid vacation and personal leave
• 401K retirement including employer contributions
• Training and continuing education
• Advancement opportunities
Please send a resume and cover letter attention:
John Blaikie, PLS
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email email@example.com so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1