To apply for this position please follow this link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/car ... &rid=4346
DEA’s Puget Sound Region is currently seeking a Survey Party Chief who can be located in either our Woodinville, Bellevue, or Tacoma, WA offices. This position will be managing a survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys for public and private clients. Also responsible for the operation and maintenance of survey equipment, taking field notes, data collection, performing calculations and working with DEA staff and clients on these projects. Direct the crewmembers in the performance of their duties and mentor and coach them to advance within the survey profession as their individual abilities allow.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Must have knowledge of professional surveying practices and procedures; state and federal laws affecting land surveying and boundaries
• Must be proficient with the operation and maintenance of Leica total stations, Leica & Trimble GPS equipment, Leica electronic levels and other various measuring instruments
• Must be proficient with electronic data collection systems and processes; must be able to download and process data files, perform complex survey computations using various software programs (i.e., Trimble Business Center, Leica Geomatics Office, Star*net, AutoCAD/Civil3D, MicroStation)
• Thoroughly inspects and checks deliverables for accuracy and correctness; Deliverables includes field note sheets, electronic data collection files, computation sheets
• Provides coordination and serves as Lead for survey crew personnel
• As a crew chief, you are responsible to evaluate the safety of a site before you perform the work. You are responsible to make sure that you and the crew members under your charge follows DEA safety policy and use the proper personal protection equipment required
• Minimum of 8 years experience in boundary and construction surveying
• 3-5 years managing a field crew
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must be able to travel out of town for up to a week at a time
• L.S.I.T. preferred
• Working knowledge of Leica Total Station equipment preferred
• Scanning experience is preferred
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
• 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. Using basic philosophies and applying the newest in technology, DEA takes an integrated approach to blending the latest tools with the historic past.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as any potential work tasks. DEA’s team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and in-house hydrographic survey services.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1