Whipple Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor in our Spokane Valley, WA office. The successful candidate must have a PLS license in Idaho and should have the ability to obtain a Washington license. Licensure in another state combined with an acceptable geomatics degree and the ability to obtain an Idaho license within a reasonable time would be acceptable. Compensation for this position depends on experience. The position provides a competitive salary and benefits.
The successful candidate must have a PLS license in Idaho or a four-year degree in Geomatics.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Work in a team environment and also be able to work independently.
- Well developed leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong skills using AutoCAD as well as field survey equipment such as Topcon, Trimble, Leica or Sokkia.
- Follows prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles. Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work in a professional office environment, as well as occasionally outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Submits daily files, including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs.
- Should be skilled in preparing plats, short plats, certificate of exemptions and Boundary Line adjustments.
- Should have adequate skills in ALTA preparation and title report dissemination.
- Must have the ability to write and review legals, easements and boundary surveys.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Whipple Consulting Engineers
21 S. Pines Rd.
Spokane Valley, WA 99206