PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable solutions provided by talented people with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $40M in revenue and more than 250 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices. At PBS, we believe that success is generated by people who love the work they do—and are valued for it. That’s why we strive to create a supportive and positive environment that fosters fulfilling, long-term careers.
We are currently seeking to add a Staff Surveyor - PLS to our dynamic team in Walla Walla, Washington.
Working with the PBS Team
The Staff Surveyor will be a qualified Licensed Survey Professional who will work under the Eastern Washington Survey Manager to lead and direct survey staff and our ongoing survey program in our Walla Walla, WA office. Walla Walla is a small city in a well-recognized wine producing area, strategically located in South Central Washington. The firm’s reputation and location allows the ability to launch survey projects throughout Eastern Washington and Oregon, Idaho, and Western Montana. This person will play a vital role in the success of the firm and its reputation in not only Walla Walla, but across multiple office locations and the intermountain Northwest. The qualified candidate will oversee a wide variety of cadastral, geospatial, planning, design, and construction surveying projects.
- Work with project managers from various internal disciplines to plan and structure surveying processes to support ongoing project efforts.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure effective and timely delivery of surveying deliverables.
- Coordinate with various staff members to ensure a quality product is consistently delivered to clients.
- Interface with clients and impacted stakeholders to properly identify and subsequently meet needs.
- Lead and develop knowledge and skills of party chiefs and various staff.
- Manage daily work activities of one or several party chiefs including preparation of daily work requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with principals, project managers, and clients to prepare and participate in project proposals and interviews as requested.
- Licensed in the State of Washington or ability to become licensed in the state of Washington within six months.
- Experienced in use of automatic total stations, robotic total stations, data collectors, static GPS data acquisition, RTK GPS surveys, researching, and use of various software.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Minimum 5 years of recent projects that would preferably include elements of the following: public or private road design surveys; public or private construction staking experience including roadway, structures, and utilities; utility location and staking experience; and experience working within the Public Lands Survey System.
- Complete familiarity with RTK and Static GPS Survey Technologies.
- Complete familiarity in the use of Robotic Total Stations.
- Familiarity with Remotes Sensing Technologies.
- Previous experience with project management including project development / marketing is a plus.
- Experience with research and analysis of survey records from public and private repositories.
- Experience with calculations and application of statutory and common law related to resolution of property boundaries and analysis of evidence.
- Adept at use of AutoCAD, and other survey related computer software and online resources.
- Ability and experience with cost estimating, proposals, and project management.
- Valid driver’s license.
The PBS team reflects the diversity of our clients. We believe that embracing inclusion and diversity is critical to a creative, collaborative environment. Our culture puts people first and values the safety and growth of our employees. Joining PBS introduces you to numerous employee networks and teams that help you maximize your potential, explore growth opportunities, and engage in your community.
We Value our People
At PBS, we believe that successful projects take talented people who love the work they do—and are valued for it. That is why we offer flexible benefit options that help keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. These benefits include continuing education support, flexible work environments, competitive compensation, vacation and holiday pay, 401(k) matching, wellness stipend, and career pathing. Our employees enjoy robust insurance benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability, and life.
We Value Opportunities for Growth
It’s a promising time to join PBS as we actively mentor and support our diverse employee and client sector networks across the Pacific Northwest. Our broad spectrum of projects gives you room to grow and the freedom to expand your career. Please visit our website to explore our company culture and apply.
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).