To apply for this position, follow this link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/car ... 7&rid=4109
DEA is currently looking for a Survey Analyst to be part of our team in our Woodinville, WA office. The Survey Analyst is responsible for performing technical work in survey control, boundary, topography, ALTA, plats and construction surveying services maps under supervision of a Survey Project Manager or Survey Task Lead for public and private clients. The selected individual will be a good communicator and be able to complete work on schedule and within budget.
Duties you get to perform and abilities needed to meet daily challenges:
• Provide office survey support to the field crews.
• Working knowledge of field surveying procedures including boundary, topo, and construction staking (utilities, roadways and buildings)
• Responsible for Record of Survey mapping, ALTA/NSPS Maps, Plat Maps, Exhibits Maps, Binding Site Plans, Boundary Line Adjustments, Condominium Maps, and Topographic Survey maps
• Apply rotations and translations of survey data.
• Perform quality control and peer review of survey maps
• Read and write legal descriptions for easements, right of ways, and boundaries
• Review survey data, research and legal descriptions, and analyze title reports to determine property boundaries. This will incorporate the researching of right of ways, easements, vacations, deeds and dedications.
• Work closely with Survey Manager and Project Surveyor.
• Plot and reduce field data to produce correct and top notch topographic survey maps that reflect existing conditions of surveyed land including TIN surfaces, contours, general features such as, roads, fences, buildings, drainage ways, grade differences and other planimetric features for survey and mapping projects using AutoCAD or Microstation products.
• Assist with boundary determinations and procedure analysis.
• Process field data including raw GPS and conventional data and organize field notes, electronic field data and images
• Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
• Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
• Land survey field experience preferred but not required
• Ability to read and organize field notes
• Ability to work on several multi-discipline projects simultaneously
• Ability to work as a self-starter or part of a team
• Ability to work on confidential projects
• Perform mapping projects within required time frames, budgets and contract requirements
• Applicant should be able to learn and follow company procedures for mapping projects
• Ability to enjoy exciting challenges and celebrate the results
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in Land Surveying/Civil Engineering or high school diploma and equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of survey field and/or office experience and general engineering plan reading skills.
• Minimum 4 years of survey CAD drafting
• Proficiency in Civil 3D (2015 or newer), Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
• Experience with Microstation v8i
• Experience with WSDOT and agency deliverables
• Experience with Starnet
• Experience with Global Mapper
• Experience with 3D Laser Scanning (Leica and Faro Scanners, Leica Cyclone and Leica Cloudworx).
• Experience with Terrestrial and Aerial LiDAR data
• Experience with Corpscon
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
• 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
• Work/Life Balance
• Paid Training
• Career opportunities
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. DEA uses the latest tools while respecting historic doctrines such as following in the footsteps of the original surveyor. We foster a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as in any career. DEA’s team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and hydrographic survey services.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
In an effort to keep spam off the job board, all new users and posts must be moderated. After creating an account or post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be reviewed and activated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1